The second pass of My Song, all copy editing and rewrites are complete! The next leg of this journey seems to be nearing it's end, and I'm onto the next! It's all very exciting!
Tonight and Thursday night will be spent reading it from start to finish for third pass, just to catch anything, grammar or otherwise, that was missed during the first two passes. Then it will be time to bound the pages into official manuscripts and send them to their next destinations: publishers.
My editor and I have made a pact, however, that if for some reason, it's not picked up by a large publishing house, we will be self publishing it ourselves and it will be out for Christmas. It's all very surreal that my dreams of being a publisher author are on the cusp of coming true. Fingers (and toes) are crossed! I am actually really looking forward to sharing it with you all eventually, and hope that you find your own meaning in my words as I have.
It's been a long process, and there is still a long road ahead, but it's worth every second. I wouldn't trade any of those seconds.
Stay tuned for a synopsis and possibly an excerpt...It might be time to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment